Request a Free Personal Injury Consultation

Let us know how we can help.


Our Office

  • Indianapolis Office


    6435 S. East Street,
    Suite A,
    Indianapolis, Indiana 46227

Uninsured and Underinsured Motorist Claims

Indiana Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claims Lawyer

Because of the high costs of medical treatment when someone has suffered a serious injury, there are many times where insurance policies will not cover the full value of damages. There are also occasions where the person who caused the accident does not have insurance coverage. When this occurs, you will usually have to rely on your insurance company for coverage of your expenses, but there are times that they will resist paying your claim and you will find yourself struggling to make ends meet. My name is Steve Willsey, and I have been assisting individuals in the Indianapolis, Indiana, area since 1983 with their uninsured and underinsured motorist claim legal problems.

Contact my office by phone at 317-783-2500 to arrange for your free initial consultation.

Indianapolis Uninsured & Underinsured Motorist Claims Attorney

In most states, the law requires that auto insurance policies contain uninsured motorist coverage that will cover you up to a certain amount if you receive injuries caused by an uninsured motorist or hit and run driver. Uninsured and underinsured claims are highly technical in nature, and it is important to contact an attorney before accepting a settlement offer from your insurance company. Before you can use your own coverage, you must fully exhaust the other driver's insurance minimum liability limits. Before you can qualify for underinsured benefits, you must notify your insurance company of the insurance company's settlement offer.

There are many issues I assist my clients with in these matters, including the following:

  • Breach of insurance contract
  • Insurance bad faith
  • Review and interpret insurance policies to determine what coverages apply, what the limits are, and whether they have been reached
  • Hit and run accidents
  • Arbitration and mediation with insurance companies

I represent people who have been seriously injured in car accidentstruck accidents, and motorcycle accidents. I also help individuals and their families who have suffered a wrongful deathtraumatic injury, been injured by a drunk driver, or were a passenger or child injured in an accident.

Experience At Work For You

If you need assistance with an uninsured or underinsured motorist claim legal problem, contact my office by phone at 317-783-2500 to arrange for your free initial consultation. I am available seven days a week and will meet you anytime and anywhere.